The smock is a free pattern, you can find it here. I have made her about five of these, and since her other ones were getting too tight to tie at the shoulder (what the pattern suggests) I added about 1/2 inch and made buttons holes instead. When I put it on her, it was much too big, so I tied one knot, then buttoned it. I thought it still looked really cute, and she will be able to wear this for a while.
Monday, May 19, 2008
I have been in a bit of a sewing frenzy lately. I love looking through all my fabrics and matching them up together. I had a scrap of chocolate brown left over from this dress and I thought it looked great with this Amy Butler print.
I used my favorite pants pattern, but exaggerated the ruffle a bit. I wanted these to be a little over the top. As soon as Anna tried on her pants, she said they were her ballet pants, so that is what we will call them.