I loved the idea, and decided to try it with Jack's duffel coat I had made, to see what would happen, before I tried it with her.
I literally took his coat and traced it. It was pretty easy because this pattern is very square. I didn't do the arm holes, I just made the front in two pieces, and the back in one piece.
This was supposed to just be a prototype, but I was really excited with the way it came out. I wanted it to fit her little girl, but it came out a lot smaller than I thought. I made a 1/2 seam allowance, but should have made my pieces about two inches larger. Yarn has a lot more give than most fabric.
It is too small for Anna, but I think I have another babe in mind for this sweet little coat!